August 27, 2012

Comedy Night ver 1.2

Comedy Night version 1.2 is ready to be submitted to Microsoft, here is the change list:
  1. Reduced the game loading time from 20 seconds to just 10 seconds
  2. Fix bug where you were kicked out of a session saying "Session is full"
  3. Halved the volume of the buzzer and kicked off stage sfx
  4. Fixed the volume of some of the crowd sfx playing really loud
  5. Fixed issue where some of the crowd sfx weren't playing all the time
  6. The performers head movement doesn't flick around so much over slow connections
  7. The Blue Screen is now black and displays much more detailed information about the error
  8. The Host in a Professional Rooms will be able to kick any player
  9. Add a single mic stage
    1. Professional Rooms are single mic stage with no voting
    2. Amateur Rooms have 2 mics and voting enabled
  10. You have to wait 8 seconds now before going back up on stage to prevent people from hoping off & on to avoid votes
  11. You can now only vote once every 45 seconds to prevent voting abuse
  12. You can now invite everyone of your friends that are online into the game with one button press

4 comments :

  1. Excellent. Now we're getting somewhere. Keep up the hard work and hopefully you'll be up and running soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work guys on a patch so soon after the last one. I know this creating game stuff isn't easy, and I appreciate the work you guys are putting into this.

    One thing I want to point out is the "kicking certain crowd members out/private room" update. I don't think BOTH are necessary, and maybe would save you guys some time by only adding one. If, as a performer, I could kick certain members out then I wouldn't have to create a private session, and vice versa.

    I also love the idea of a "single mic" room. I personally have just been using others to stand next to me and not say anything while I do my routine, rather then have to worry about a random jumping in to interrupt the show.

    Above all else, my favorite add-on will be #7. The infamous "Blue screen of death" will now become the "Black screen of death". I will definitely be using this as material for my show ;)

    Keep up the good work and I look forward to the update. Very excited to getting back to using your app as an outlet for my comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for feedback, I've updated the post with work we did today, made some changes to what is going into this patch based on your feedback as well.

    Yeah, the blue screen looked horrible, black screen just seems a little less frustrating for some reason :) We tried for about 5 hours to reproduce the blue screen in testing but were unable to, so it might still happen in this new patch, but we have fixed a bunch of other issues that might have been the root of the issue.

    If the bug does still happen it will this time spit out a much more detailed error message one which I'll be able to use to actually fix the bug!

    It's been awesome getting so much positive feedback with this game, really looking forward to supporting it and growing the community!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonight @ 10:30pm EST. The "iDemogoblin Rated R" performance. Spread the word ;)

    ReplyDelete